Project Quotes

The fall is high season for Dynamics AX projects, and we can often feel the pressure to make sure we can go-live. We have tons of different tools and suggestions to help us reach our goal. Like SureStep, RapidValue, LiveCycleServices, InfoSource and all kinds of methods to be in control, agile and lean in our projects. There is one project tool that is underestimated for successful implementations; Having fun !

Here are some project statements that can help us through the milestones; Enjoy!

Nothing is impossible for the person who doesn’t have to do it.

Never put off until tomorrow what you can put off until the day after.

Warning: dates in the calendar are closer than you think.

The first 90% of a project takes 90% of the time the last 10% takes the other 90%.

To estimate a project, work out how long it would take one person to do it then multiply that by the number of people on the project.

There are no good project managers – only lucky ones.

Planning without action is futile, action without planning is fatal.

If you don’t attack the risks, the risks will attack you.

If project content is allowed to change freely the rate of change will exceed the rate of progress.

If it wasn’t for the ‘last minute’, nothing would get done.

If an IT project works the first time, it is wrong.

Schedule – cost – quality: you can have any two.

A verbal contract isn’t worth the paper it’s written on.

A project gets a year late one day at a time.

A project as not over until the fat cheque is cashed.

A problem shared is a buck passed.

A minute saved at the start is just as effective as one saved at the end.


And remember; Creativity is intelligence having fun (Albert Einstein)


I appreciate that I can be a part of this worldwide blog community—as a consultant working from Norway, the blog lets me share more than 20 years of experience with Microsoft Dynamics 365. Along the way, I participated in developing retail, PDA/RF, barcoding, master data, kitting and WMS-solutions for Dynamics. My blog focuses on my deepest interests and expertise: along with a 360 degree view of digital transformation topics, I welcome opportunities to dive into retail and intercompany supply chain automation, logistics, and production—everything that is moving around in a truly connected enterprise. As Enterprise Architect on Dynamics 365, I specialize in strategic development and planning for corporate vertical solutions and works to build international networks that increase knowledge and understanding for Dynamics 365. As an advocate for both providers and customers, I'm committed to ensure that customers constantly changing needs are meet, and I see community as key for increasing expertise. I welcome you to connect with me.

0 comments on “Project Quotes

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

%d bloggers like this: